Have you or a loved one suffered from malnutrition? A Greenville elderly malnutrition lawyer at Jordan Law Center can help you. Call 864-808-1810 to talk to a lawyer today and start your case.
Attorney for Malnutrition in a Nursing Home in Greenville, SC
Jordan Law Center is a lawyer for elderly malnutrition serving Greenville, SC. We handle cases in Greenville courts and throughout South Carolina.
William Ashley Jordan III is an accomplished nursing home abuse lawyer in Greenville. He’s handled complex cases and taken cases to trial, gaining valuable experience to serve his clients. He has a passion for serving the legal needs of the elderly, and compassion for the clients he services. He is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of seniors when they have suffered from malnutrition.
Signs of Malnutrition in the Elderly
Here are some signs that you or a loved one may be suffering from malnutrition:
- Weight loss
- Low energy, reduced activity
- Reduced ability to do daily tasks like showering and hygiene
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration, irritability
- Recurrent infections
- Slow recovery periods
- Feeling cold
Malnutrition in the elderly can cause physical and emotional harm. It contributes to falls, infections, skin lesions, disease, mental health decline, cognitive decline, and increased morbidity.
Causes of Malnutrition in a Nursing Home
Malnutrition may occur in a nursing home because of any of these factors:
- Residents being rushed to eat too quickly
- Not enough food was provided
- Not enough food variety
- Dining facilities that are too far from patient rooms, given their mobility
- Sanitation issues with food service
- Failing to address someone’s specific dietary needs
- Lack of staff to provide meals
- Health problems that make eating difficult or painful
- Intentional neglect
- Budget cutting, inadequate finances devoted to food resources
How a Malnutrition Lawyer Can Help
Victims deserve justice, but it can be hard to know where to begin when you or a loved one has been victimized by malnutrition. At Jordan Law Center, we investigate, bring a claim, and build the evidence. We demand answers when the nursing home, assisted living facility, or hospital refuses to take responsibility.
As your lawyer, we handle all the steps of your claim. From the initial investigation, negotiating your settlement, and through your trial, we are your advocates. Throughout the case, we explain what to expect and answer your questions.
We understand that it’s difficult to be a victim, and we want to represent your interests with compassion. To see how we can help you, please contact us to learn more.
Proving Elderly Malnutrition in a Nursing Home
To receive compensation, a victim must demonstrate that they have suffered from malnutrition as a result of neglect or abuse. Proving malnutrition in a nursing home may involve any of the following:
- Medical records showing that the person is suffering from malnutrition
- Testimony from witnesses about conditions at the facility
- Observations from family and friends
- Records of operations, employment, and functions at the facility
- Logs of foods ordered and provided, what was given to a specific person
- Incident reports, complaints regarding food, records of any investigations or inquiries
- Testimony from the victim about their experience
- Mental health evaluations
- Costs of medical treatment
When you work with Jordan Law Center, your lawyer will pursue the evidence to prove your case. We’ll work to show that the victim suffered from malnutrition and how it harmed them financially, physically, and emotionally.
We believe that everyone who may have suffered from malnutrition should have the opportunity to consult with a lawyer. Contact us for your free consultation. There is no obligation.
We can meet in our offices or talk on the phone. We can visit your care facility, the hospital, home, or another convenient location. For your free consultation, call 864-808-1810.
Compensation for Elderly Malnutrition Victims
A legal claim for an elderly malnutrition victim is about justice. Since there’s nothing that can be done to undo the harm that has occurred, we work to value the damages of the victim.
Damages include financial losses, physical pain, and emotional suffering.
With Jordan Law Center as your lawyer, we diligently work to prove the value of the case.
Elderly malnutrition victims suffer terribly. The compensation they receive should reflect what they have endured. Our law firm pursues justice for our clients.
Taking New Claims – Talk to a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If you are ready to begin your case, we invite you to contact Jordan Law Center. If you have questions or concerns about the care that you or a loved one has received, we invite you to reach out to our legal counsel. Our elderly malnutrition lawyer can discuss your situation and how the law may apply. We can answer your questions and explain your options.