Our Greenville boat accident attorneys at the Jordan Law Center represent individuals and families who are hurt in boating collisions. At Jordan Law Center, we handle injury claims involving personal and commercial watercrafts. If you have been in an accident, call 864-808-1810 for a consultation with our legal team.
Lawyer for Boating Accidents Greenville, SC
If you’re injured on a watercraft, our attorneys for boating accidents in Greenville, SC can represent you. You may qualify to receive compensation if you’re hurt on a boat from another individual’s negligence. The Jordan Law Center is a team of experienced litigators, currently taking new cases.
With an accomplished record of litigating for our clients, our attorneys are equipped to represent boating victims. With a hands-on approach and engaged representation, we get results.
Causes of Boating Injuries
Common causes of boating accidents that may be the basis of a legal claim include:
- Operator inattention: Operators must use reasonable care and always pay attention when in control of a vessel. Distractions can be devastating.
- Inexperience: An inexperienced boater may not make an appropriate judgment call regarding hazards, maneuvering, and boat traffic.
- Speeds: Driving too fast for conditions may cause an operator to lose control. They may not be able to react in time to avoid a collision.
- Drunk driving: Boating under the influence is against the law. Too often, alcohol and drug use contribute to a crash.
- Reckless boating: Just like someone can operate a vehicle recklessly, the dangerous operation of a boat can cause a crash.
- Design flaw: A boat’s design may make it more likely to crash, or it may make a collision more severe.
- No lookout: South Carolina law requires a lookout person for waterskiing, or a rear-view mirror for the operator to monitor the person waterskiing. Not having this person can result in harm.
- Lifejacket violations: Boats must have life jackets for each person on board. People under 12 aboard a Class “A” motorboat (under 16 feet) must wear a life jacket. Failing to have life jackets may result in injury or drowning.
- Overcapacity: Boats have capacity limits. Operating overweight may cause harm.
- Other legal violations: South Carolina law regulates boating in many respects. Failing to follow laws can contribute to a collision or make injuries more severe.
As your attorney, we investigate the causes of the accident and the basis for compensation.
What is the South Carolina boating law?
S.C. Code Title 50 – Fish, Game and Watercraft, Chapter 21, Equipment and Operation of Watercraft, § 50-21-5 et seq. is the South Carolina boating law. Laws cover vessels, including all watercraft used or capable of being used as water transportation, excluding seaplanes.
How many boating accidents are there in South Carolina?
The U.S. Coast Guard reports that there were 152 boating accidents in South Carolina in 2022. These accidents caused 22 fatalities.
Compensation for Boating Accident Victims
Here’s what boating accident victims should know:
- You may qualify to receive compensation.
- Even if it was an accident, and the other party is sorry, you may receive a monetary payment. Most claims are based on negligence, or unreasonably dangerous activity, rather than an intentional incident.
- Officials may investigate, but they don’t need to issue charges or give someone a ticket for you to claim compensation.
- There is a limited amount of time to bring a claim. In addition, there are things you can do right now to help your claim.
Jordan Law Center has returned verdicts exceeding $1 million for our clients. Each case is different, and we can’t guarantee results. What we promise is to use our skill, experience, and dedicated approach to pursue justice for each boating accident client.
Experienced attorneys, Hands-On Approach
People choose Jordan Law Center because we get results. We get results because we go further. We know your case in detail and actively work on your boat accident case. Our team investigates, builds the evidence, and communicates with you.
At Jordan Law Center, we resolve cases through trial verdicts and settlements. Count on us to build a strong case, which can help you reach a fair settlement. But we’re always willing and able to go to trial. Having conducted many jury trials and advocated for our clients in court, we’re ready and willing to fully litigate your case to achieve justice.
Free Consultation – Start Your Case Today
Have a Greenville boat accident attorney represent you in your recovery. At Jordan Law Center, we offer free case consultations for victims and their families. See how our aggressive and compassionate approach gets results. We pursue your legal interests, ensuring your case gets the attention it deserves. Our track record of success speaks for itself.
To consult with a Greenville boat accident attorney and see how we may assist you, call 864-808-1810 or message us now.